Registration for New Pupils joining First Class (Year 1)
Our school admits children who have English or German as their native language. Teachers meet with each child to assess their present stage of language development before admission. All children are required to have at least a passive understanding of the English language.
Registering your child at the Charles Dickens Europe School:
- First go to your child’s allocated school and fill out an application for a school transfer (Umschulungsantrag). You need the stamp from the other school on your application for transfer (Umschulungsantrag).
- Bring this application, the child’s birth certificate and your identification card or police registration (with address) when registering.
- Please bring a copy of all required documents (birth certificate, identification card and address registration ). Please understand that the school is not able to make photocopies of these documents for you.
- Please fill in the registration forms completely in clear, legible writing.
- Only fully completed application forms with all required documents can be accepted. Partially completed forms will not be accepted.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to download the registration form.
Applications for Charles-Dickens as second choice can only be considered if spaces are available.
Please be aware that no registration forms can be accepted before the official registration dates.
Please also be aware that you are personally responsible for registering your child. The allocated primary school will not do this for you.
When accepted at the Berlin Europe Schools (SESB), you must sign a declaration which can be downloaded below.
Information to be provided where personal data are collected
****Registration for transferring pupils (Classes 2-6) are accepted continuously. Please contact us for more information.****