Charles Dickens Primary School / German-English Europe School
Charles Dickens Primary School is a place where many different
children and adults spend a lot of time with each other. If we are
to be happy here, we need to have rules for us all to follow.
- The school entrance halls are opened at 7.30 a.m. At 7.50 a.m. we go to our classrooms alone – without our parents.
- We only enter and leave the school grounds through the main gate on Dickensweg or the gate on Heerstrasse.
- We do not leave the school grounds during school hours (except for school outings).
- We keep our school clean and put rubbish in the bins.
- We treat the school’s and other people’s property with care.
- All electronic devices (including mobile telephones) are switched off and put away
during school hours.
- We do not bring dangerous items to school.
- We leave the school grounds at the end of the school day.
Behaviour in the classrooms
- We pay attention to the school bell. A teacher or educator (Erzieher) starts and ends the lessons.
- We eat breakfast together in the classroom. Lunch will be eaten in the dining room.
- An adult must be present in the computer room when the children are working on the computers.
Behaviour in the school building
- We walk quietly and calmly through the school building.
- We do not play ball or throw things inside school buildings.
- We do not crowd or jostle.
- We keep the toilets clean.
Behaviour in the school grounds
- We spend breaks outside on the playground.
- If we see others in danger, we tell an adult immediately.
- We treat the plants and animals in our school grounds with care. We do not climb the trees.
- We do not throw with stones, sticks, acorns, snowballs, etc.
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and inline skates are left at the bicycle stands and are not to be used on the school grounds. This does not apply to practice periods on the school’s traffic training circuit under the supervision of an adult.
- When the bell rings at the end of break, we go straight to the classroom without jostling.
Notes for parents
- If your child is sick you should notify Frau Loka in the secretary’s office between 7.30 a.m. and 7.50 a.m. without fail (Tel: 030 / 303 286 80).
- Parents are not allowed to drive cars into the school grounds. Please do not use the entrances went turning your cars.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the school grounds or buildings.
- If you bring your children to school please leave them in the entrance halls of Houses I or III by 7.50 a.m. However, to allow parents regular access to the school and let you get to know each other, Friday mornings are excluded from this rule. The school administrators request, however, that you leave the school buildings when classes begin.
Decision of the School Conference on 27.4.2016