Charles Dickens Primary School / German-English Europe School
Charles Dickens Primary School is a place where many different children an adults spend a lot of time with each other. If we are to be happy here, we need to follow the rules below.
- The school opens at 7.30 a.m. At 7.50 a.m. we go to our classrooms without our parents. We are in the classroom at 8.00 a.m. sharp for the start of the lessons.
- We only enter and leave the school grounds through the main gate on Dickensweg or the gate on Heerstrasse.
- We do not leave the school grounds during school hours (except for school outings).
- We keep our school clean and put rubbish in the bins.
- We treat school property and other people’s property with care.
- We are always mindful to treat each other politely and with respect.
- All smartphones, smartwatches and tablets are switched off and put away during school hours.
- We do not bring dangerous or valuable items to school.
- We leave the school grounds promtly at the end of the school day.
Behaviour in the classrooms
- We pay attention to the school bell. Lessons are ended by the teachers.
- We eat breakfast together durong the breakfast break in the classroom. Lunch is taken in the canteen. We do not eat in the school grounds.
- House shoes are worn in the classrooms.
- We only go in the computer room if an adult is present.
Behaviour in the school building
- We walk quietly and calmly in the school buildings and do not run.
- We do not play with balls or throw things inside school buildings.
- We do not crowd or jostle.
- We keep the toilets clean and use the toilets in House 2 during the break.
Behaviour in the school grounds
- We spend our breaks in the playground.
- We do not eat in the playground.
- If we see others in danger, we tell a supervisor.
- We treat the plants and animals in our school grounds with care. We do not climb the trees.
- We do not throw stones, sticks, acorns, snowballs, etc.
- We do not resolve conflicts through physical violence and do not insult anyone.
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and inline skates are left at the bicycle stands and are not to be used in the school grounds. This does not apply to practice periods on the school’s traffic training circuit under the guidance of an adult.
- We go straight to our classrooms when the bell rings at the end of the break.
Notes for parents
- If your child is sick, you should notify Frau Loka in the secretary’s office between 7.30 a.m. and 7.50 a.m. without fail (Tel: 030 / 303 286 80).
- Driving into the school grounds is not allowed. Please do not turn in the entry driveways.
- Smoking is not permitted in the school grounds or buildings.
- If you bring your child to school, please say goodbye no later than 7.50 a.m. and promptly leave the premises.
Decision of the School Conference on 27.4.2016
Revised by the steering group on 26 April 2022
Second revision of the steering group on 3 May 2022