State Europe School (SESB) English-German
- The aim of our Europe School is to teach German and English speaking children together at the same time.
- Ideally classes are made up of 50 percent German and 50 percent English mother tongue children.
- The English mother tongue teachers contribute not only their skills in their subject areas but also a feeling for the language and culture of their homeland.
- Children learn to read and write in their mother tongue language group (MT).
- Children continue to develop their partner tongue through games, stories and creative activities.
- Children learn to read and write in the partner tongue during their second year at school.
- State Europe Schools are “all day schools” with compulsory attendance from 8.00 until 4.00 p.m.
Subjects taught in English by native English speakers
- English mother tongue
- English partner tongue
- Environmental Studies (years 1- 4)
- History/Citizenship (years 5-6)
- Geography (years 5-6)
- Science (years 5-6)
Subjects taught in German:
- German mother tongue
- German partner tongue
Subjects taught in either English or German:
- French (years 5-6)
In the Europe Schools the children develop intensive bi-cultural and multi-cultural contacts. We endeavour to strengthen both the self-confidence of the children as well as their tolerance, their understanding and their acceptance of other cultures.
Read our Parents Guide for more detailed information and helpful information for new Charles Dickens parents and children.
Extra Curricular activities / Supervision:
- Supervision from 7.30 a.m until 4.00 p.m
- Supervision from 6.00 a.m – 7.30 a.m or from 16.00 to 18.00 (extra fee)
- Curricular based activities
- Activities with English native speakers (financed by the Dickens Fund, membership required)
- Activities offered by external clubs & organisations: theatre workshop, computer courses, football, choir and music lessons
- A choice of warm lunches
- Holiday supervision (extra fee)