Under the open all-day school system, afternoon childcare in the German School is provided in the Hort from 1.30 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
The parents of children requiring afternoon childcare need a contract for supplementary teaching support and childcare in primary schools. The contract includes the cost of school lunch.
The Hort rooms are located on the first floor of House II; the educators can be contacted by telephone at 030/303286822.
The focus of supplementary teaching support in the German School is on open group work. This allows the children to choose their own free-time activities or to have them chosen for them. To this end the rooms in the Hort are divided into function rooms designed to meet the children’s needs.
and their possible uses:
- Doll room: role playing, dressing up, doll’s kitchen, play shop, play mat or just resting place
- Building room: Lego, wooden building blocks, building mat, Playmobil
- Creative room, hammer and saw, hot glue, metal, wood, paper and painting corner
- Casino: board games, educational games, table football, billiards
- Exercise room
Homework support is provided from 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. in the rooms of the Welcome Class.
Because the German School, which currently consists of 7 classes, is a half-day school with guaranteed childcare all pupils have the right to childcare during lesson free time in the morning. This is also provided in the Hort rooms.
The lesson times of the half-day school with guaranteed childcare are 7.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Additional childcare is provided in the Hort rooms during the following times:
- Early childcare: 6.00 a.m. to 7.30 a.m.
- Late childcare 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Holiday childcare, depending on childcare requirement
The parents of children requiring different childcare times always need a contract for supplementary teaching support and childcare in primary schools.
Educators who work mainly in the Hort are assigned to the classes of the German School during lesson times. This enables the educators to give the children individual supplementary teaching support in the afternoons.
We can be contacted at the following EMERGENCY NUMBER from 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.: 030/30 32 86 822.